Saturday, July 27, 2019

Four Choices to Make

4 Choices To Make When A
Loved One Dies Or Is Killed

True Story of a Family's Decision
  1. Blame the Loved One
    Why didn't you take better care of yourself?
  2. Blame God
    God, I Hate You For Allowing Her To Die.
  3. Blame Yourself
    It's all my fault.
  4. Forgive
    Humbly forgive and spend your life helping others.
Turning into a blinding sunset he never saw her in the crosswalk.

The car nicked her heel knocking her backward onto the curb.
A neighbor heard it and realized she attended her church.
She immediately called the church.
Hearing the ring I answered the phone.
"Brother Smith - Ruth was just struck by a car.
An ambulance is rushing her to the hospital."

When I arrived a doctor took me to her bedside.
I saw the horrible trauma to her head and felt sick to my stomach.
He said very softly, "She is only alive because we have her on life support."
"There is nothing we can do for her.  There is no hope at all."
Continuing, "It will be better for her if you'll permit us to turn it off."
Overwhelmed I whispered "I'm just her minister."

"Does she have family near here?"
"No her grown children live in distant states."
"Will you phone them and get their permission?"
Weeping I said, "Glen your Mom was hit by a car and the doctor said she's beyond hope."
He asked if you'd OK taking her off life support.
Voice weak and trembling he said, "I'll have to call my sister and brothers; I'll let you know."
I informed the Doctor and sat in a chair awaiting their aching-hearts decision.

Ring. Ring. "Please tell the doctor it is an awful choice ~ but go ahead.
We'll be flying in as soon as possible."

They arrived and made funeral arrangements.
They didn't seem angry saying, "Where does the driver live?"
They wanted to meet him.

He told them the story and wept, "I'm so very sorry ~ I never saw her."
Emotionally they whispered, "We forgive you."
Wow!

A day later they returned ~ sharing with him how God wanted him to become a Christian. "HE will remove all your guilt and heal your soul."
Double Wow!!

What a breathtaking response.  Four ignored Blaming their beloved Mom; Blaming God - or themselves.  They forgave and tenderly introduced him to their Loving Father and urged him to come to her memorial service.  The memorial service for sweet Ruth was beyond amazing!

The Best 4 minute Forgiveness Song You'll Ever Hear:

Matthew West
Forgiveness
 

Please comment by clicking "Comments" below.

1 comment:

  1. FORGIVENESS...it is the Greatest Testimony to Others!
    It is a Total God Thing...in the hearts of his Children...their example being Jesus, Who forgave ALL as he hung on The Cross! Blessed Be His Name!

    ReplyDelete