Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Prayer Warrior

Prayer Warrior

Weakly she held her screen door with her foot. Her spirit momentarily strengthened: "I'm a Prayer Warrior, you know."

"O' Yes...Sister, we have been praying for you at church. That's why I'm visiting tonight."

"I don't mean that," she lightly spoke. "For years I have been called when a prayer need is critical. I am a Prayer Warrior!"

A lump in my throat confirmed I had not listened closely. I had heard her wrongly. I pondered: A Prayer Warrior at her age and with terminal cancer? I tried to apologize but the lump was now an inflated balloon. Clearing my throat I pondered what I should say. But she spoke first.

"Always I've prayed with uplifted arms to my Lord." Tears flooded from her eyes as she continued, "I'm too weak anymore to lift my arms and I can barely breathe."

"I understand. It must be such a letdown for you."

"Letdown? Indeed not!" Praising God, triumphantly she exulted, "Now I pray, Holy Father please send your angels to hold my arms up so I can continue as a Prayer Warrior. And He has. God is so good."


Please comment by sending an email to:  GodApplause@gmail.com
or clicking "Comments" below.

1 comment: