Tuesday, July 16, 2019

A Warlock Blasphemes Our Congregation

A Warlock Blasphemes Our Congregation

The church had increased under the leadership of our magnetic minister Myron Wells and a supportive group of Elders and Deacons when they added me as a counselor.  Earnest Christians taught and challenged lost young adults to become Christians.  Their charisma and spirit-led lives brought quite a number of singles to salvation.  The congregation was close knit and enthusiastic about continuing to see new conversions.

Services were dynamic and we became far more than just a Sunday-go-to-meeting type church.  A group of our people helped any person or family with the move in to their new home.  Many of our members attended our in-church Bible College classes.  Most days 2 ministers and a secretary assisted visitors, members, needy street people and people who sought counseling.  Close-bye restaurant booths became outreach centers where the unsaved were taught.  Many young adults were led to Christ by diligent singles.  Describing the full impact the church had is beyond measure.

An unusual young man was baptized and it wasn't long before his past life materialized.  He claimed to have been part of demonic activities.  "I was a warlock and could see demons," he told many.   Excitement filled our assembly; A Satan servant had become a God servant.  Yes!  Praise the Lord.

Nearly a year whizzed by before reports surfaced that he was seeing demons in our church services.  It was not true as God's Spirit was mightily active and heavenly spirits were protecting the church.  Startled and filled with righteous anger I set up a meeting with him.

Greetings over we sat down. I asked him if he had said that he saw demons in our services.  He nodded and said: "I've seen one standing behind Myron when he is preaching...and in other parts of the church too."  His rabid countenance enforced his words.  Hearing his satanic accusation I felt compelled to fiercely confront him.  Silently praying for guidance I pondered what to say.

Then I heard my mouth say: "Scripture tells us a sorcerer, Simon, was hell bound if he didn't repent of his witchcraft."  Looking intently into his eyes I continued, "That's vile.  You had better realize that the Holy Spirit is far more powerful than the devil."

Scathingly he blasted, "No He isn't.  I warn you to shut your damn mouth."

Again I heard my voice, "He who is in me is greater than he who is in you.  You'd better repent now and pray for forgiveness."

Abruptly he slammed his fists on the table and grinned evilly and darkly hissed, "I am placing a curse upon you and your family. You'll regret forever thinking you could stop a witch."  Shaking his fist in my face he departed.

Rehashing the encounter and the words that came out of my mouth a verse came to my mind:  

"And don’t worry about what you’ll say or how you’ll say it. The right words will be there; the Spirit of your Father will supply the words." (Matthew 10:20, MSG)
Clearly my mouth had spoken by the Holy Spirit. Humbled, I praised Him for answering the wicked satanist.  Though saddened the encounter strengthened the Church.  To my knowledge the warlock never repented or returned to the assembly.
"Change your heart! Turn away from this evil thing you have done, and pray to the Lord. Maybe he will forgive you for thinking this." (Acts 8:22, ICB)

"My dear children, you belong to God and have defeated them; because God’s Spirit, who is in you, is greater than the devil, who is in the world." (I John 4:4, NCV)
Please comment by
clicking "Comments" below.

2 comments:

  1. I Totally Remember hearing this Story right after it happened. And The Power Of Jesus Christ is ALWAYS GREATER than the enemy!!! Praise His Holy Name!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an awe inspiring experiencing the Holy Spirit's words coming out of my mouth. GOD IS FAITHFUL WITH HIS PROMISES!

      Delete